This article describes how to get into Safe Mode in Windows Vista, if the F8 key will not work
1. First click the Start Button
2. Then type “msconfig” in the search box
3. A“System Configuration” window will open
4. Then select the “Boot” tab in the Boot Options section.
5. Check the “Safe Boot/Minimal” check box
6. Finally Restart.
This will put you in “Safe Mode” with large icons (ie,lower screen resolution) and “Safe Mode” showing on all four corners of the screen (you may have to enter your password to get in).
Complete whatever your task is (possibly Restart again), then go back to “msconfig”, and uncheck the “Safe Boot” box, and restart. Now it should boot normally.
Need help setting up a PC for gaming? Have a read here! Also get discounts at all hardware prices here!